This writeup is ideal for those who are sitting for prolonged periods in front of computers. You should know that if you maintain bad posture consistently, you are more likely to experience long-term consequences which are very hard. However, the good news is that avoiding such issues is not as hard as you might think.
Furniture items and everyday objects have been scientifically designed to assist us to maintain good posture. Pretty much all the furniture items that are designed to be ergonomic is also beautiful design, perfectly constructed, and functional. If you have used one of those ergonomic chairs, you know how comfortable it is. In fact, for a die-hard gaming enthusiast or a workaholic, a well-designed chair can make a significant difference. So, having a well-designed, ergonomic chair is the most essential thing you should consider in order to maintain proper posture. After that, you can consider the below-mentioned steps to maintain a healthy and beautiful posture.
- Always sit straight on your back. Make sure that your lower back is placed firmly against the back of your chair. The chair should offer adequate back support while you are sitting. This is exactly where a good ergonomically designed chair will help you to maintain the correct type of posture, keeping you in a very good relationship with your desk. While you are seated, your muscles should be relaxed, nothing straining.
- When it comes to your feet, your feet should be placed flat on the floor while you are seated. Make sure that your bent legs form a right angle to the floor. You are not supposed to twist your legs under you. Also, don’t put your feet up on the desk either even if it is so tempting.
- Be sure to keep your chin slightly tucked in and your head straight and never hunch over your keyboard.
- Be sure that you distribute the weight evenly on the chair. You should not lean to one side or the other.
- Place your monitor is at eye level. When seated, you should be able to look directly across at your monitor, not up or down.
- Be sure that your wrists are perfectly aligned with the forearms. In fact, the Carpal tunnel happens when you put constant strain on the wrists and hands. You should also remember that you can't play the violin if you have carpal tunnel. To make it more convenient, you can use an ergonomic wrist rest on your mouse pad to support your wrist.
- Be sure to move the entire body instead of the head when you turn to one direction from another.
- Be sure to use the armrests on the chair and support the arms and shoulders. Also, adjust your keyboard to a comfortable level.
In order to minimize the pressure on the lower back, you can lean back slightly. A perfectly designed ergonomic chair will allow you to lean back slightly and let you relax your back muscles.